Embedding Signature Pad in Nintex Form

• 24 January 2016
  • 59 replies

Show first post

59 replies

Maybe can look at if javascript could be used to perform validation...

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

I have tested it on my surface pro 3 without issue...

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Works fine on the Surface Pro we have as well, but it's a more generic Windows tablet without stylus that doesn't work. Trying to ascertain whether it's the device or the script that's the issue.

If I remembered correctly, there were some settings available on the behaviour or characteristic of the JSignature script library such as line thickness, colour, etc. You might want to take a look at the documentation or discussion of the jSignature (i.e. link is provided in the post content i think). Or there are other alternatives of Signature pad scripts as well if the one used here is not working well with the devices you have.

Badge +4

I was able to make the code work with a mouse..  Has anyone applied this code to a signature pad (Topaz)?  

If so, could you share the code changes for JSignature &/or Jquery.

Thank you..

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You might need to download it here : http://willowsystems.github.io/jSignature/#/about/

Guessing

Badge +6

where is the jSignature.min.js file ???

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

You can find it on github

jSignature/libs at master · willowsystems/jSignature · GitHub 

Badge +6
  1. Thank you, mine is working in our 2016 On Prem form.

Seems to work OK except when saving, mine tells me that it should be less than 255 characters.  Any ideas?

I tried changing the Signature to Multiple lines of text, but that does not seem to do the trick

Thank you

Badge +6

Is your multiple line of text set to Plain text? It does not default that way. ALSO, if you change the configuration of the column, then you have to delete the control on the form, add it back and then test. I can email you my form file and list template file where I have this working on a desktop form if you want. This won't let me attach a file to the comment.

Thank you Emily.  Your suggestion worked!  It was able to now save back to the Signature column.  Next issue When I click on the Title to open the item, it opens but the signature is not there...only the signature line.  Also, I can use my mouse to sign even though the item is not in Edit mode??

Badge +6

What kind of environment is your SharePoint? I believe someone had this issue up above in the comments. I have SP 2016, Nintex Forms 2016 and On-Premise.

Hi Emily

1.  Thanks again

2.  I read through the whole post and I think I need to address the Include jQuery...as I have not added that yet

3.  Apologies...I'm very new at this and, although a site administrator for my location, not an administrator for our entire environment

4.  Running SP/Nintex 2013 on-premise and don't know where the jQuery library is located in order to add the link per the instructions from Kok Koon Gan 

If I remembered correctly, i have included the link in my post. In case it isn't there, just do a search you should be able to find it.

Badge +6

1. Your Welcome   

2. Go here http://willowsystems.github.io/jSignature/#/about/ and click on download on the top of the page.

3. Save the  jSignature.min.js file to your desktop

4. Then drag and drop that file into your site assets library on the site that you built this form on

5. Does that help?

Dears,

I've got the same issue, do you find the solution on that, in other to have the visualisation of the signature after ?

Thanks

Julien

Badge +1

I'm also having the issue with hidden panels and the rendering of the signature. Any help?

Badge +4

Hi All,

I have followed the directions above and all works great except when the form is in VIEW mode you can still modify the signature pad field..  I have the jSignature.min,  jquery-2.2.4.min  in the assets library.      I am using IE 11 and/or Chrome.   How do I only display the signature in View mode - prevent a user from changing the value?

Badge +6

Will it work if you put a hide or disable rule on the control when the form in in display mode?

Badge +4

Double click the signature field (multi line text field) to go to control settings, under Advanced change the control mode to auto.

Badge +4

Hi Bhashwar,  I checked the value and it defaults to 'auto'... still can't see the text signature.. I see the xml code in the rich text field but no signature appears.   I can't sign again in view mode. 

Badge +4

Hi Pam,

If you are seeing the xml, I would delete the signature field (multi line text field) and add it again. Please make sure signature field (multi line text field) is a plain text field, CSS class is: nf-form-input nf-section, Client ID JavaScript variable name is jsignature, submit button has setControlValue(); on the Client click etc..

Badge +3

responsive form??

Badge +4

Hi Steven,

I have deleted, re-created a new form with only 1 signature line following all steps and still the signature is not showing in view mode.  Can see the xml code, but no signature.  I am on Sharepoint 2013 onPrem.  Anyone have any suggestions?