Skip to main content

Hello!

In my job I’m doing lots of bits and pieces, tweaks enhancements etc to SharePoint solutions I've built using Nintex forms and workflows among other things. I thought to myself I should record the things I do in a central place rather than them getting lost in various emails, tickets, thoughts, phone calls etc.! I started with a simple excel spreadsheet but then thought, why not create a sharepoint list and basic form that I can quickly add to…

Why would I use it? To log things in case changes I make break later down the line, weekly meetings, to show what I'm doing done to my manager and for my Appraisal perhaps. It evolved a bit as well from my original idea. I added a status field allowing me to tag items as in progress, that I can complete or add comments to at a later date. The workflow updates the item with comments and closing date. It's also been shared with everyone and a simple page created to show todo and completed items.

For reporting I've connected it to excel. My favourite simple and quick reporting method for all things SharePoint.

So this is a really simple solution using a basic list with a Nintex Form and Workflow attached. The buttons on the form control what the workflow will do.

List, Form and Workflow attached...

grin.png

T

Be the first to reply!