Skip to main content

I'm excited to talk about the Base Form in Nintex Forms for Office 365.  This gives you the ability to create a base form for a site, that all your Nintex Forms will start from when you create them.

Imagine having different sites in your tenant (HR, Finance, Development) and each one would like a slightly different logo and background color.  Now you can do this at the site level.  The result is simple branding that can done once and any future forms will start from that.  It also means that if you happened to have any custom JS/CSS in a form now, you can put that into JS and CSS files, link those into the base form so that your future forms will automatically link those in.  This results in single point of modification if any rebranding needs to be done, and all your forms will inherit it, rather than having to modify 100 form designs.

First, make sure you have the latest version of the Nintex Forms for Office 365 app.  If you already have it, you can skip over the next few step.

Latest Version of the Nintex Forms for Office 365 app

Navigate to your O365 site, go to Site Contents and you may find that the Nintex Forms for Office 365 has an update waiting.

AppUpdate.png

Once you click on that, you'll get a new window where you need to click on the "Get It" button.

GetIt.png

Then you have one final window, which is where you select to Trust It:

Trust.png

Now that you have the latest update, the new functionality around the Base Form is available.

Where do I set the Base Form for my site?

Navigate to the Site Contents page and you'll see the Nintex Forms app.  Click on the Nintex Forms app and you'll be taken to a page like this:

AppPage.png

With the latest update, you'll see the "Nintex Forms Admin" link at the top right of that page.

You don't see it?  You need to be a Site Owner in order to see that link.  This can be done by adding the user to the Site Owners group.

When you click on that Nintex Forms Admin link, you'll see a drop down, which include the Manage The Base Form option.

Dropdown.png

When you click on the Manage The Base Form option, you'll be given a page where you can download the current base form (xml file) and then you have the option to replace the current base form.  Make sure you read all the information on that page so you know exactly what happens when you replace the base form.  Also, definitely right click on the current base from and save it as a backup.

BaseForm.png

Where do I build a Base Form?

A Base Form is just a regular form that you build in a Nintex Form design page.  The main differences, is that you want to only put the bare minimum on this form, that you want to see on every form you build from then on.  Here you'll set the main logo of the form, and background color, fonts and font colors, custom CSS and JavaScript.

Once you have built this type of form, click on the Export button in the ribbon and you'll get the form XML.  This is what you use to update your Base Form.

Conclusion

Think of all the work you do to customize or brand each form you build.  There Now think of all your colleagues who are probably doing the same thing.  Now you can build a base form, save them all that time and trouble and you push for a more standard user experience with your forms, all throughout your site.

Has this feature been removed? I can't find it in my tenant, account being used is global admin/site collection admin but the "Nintex Forms Admin" test isn't any where to be seen. Either in the app catalog original install or any of the Site Collections. Also none of the apps are showing any updates available, running version Version: 1.2.2.0

Hi Warwick,

I just checked in my tenant. Latest version of the app is 1.2.2.0 and the option is definitely there.

If you're not seeing it, please reach out to Nintex Support to get help with getting to the bottom of it.

Vadim

It seems your account must be individually listed in the owners group of the site.

My account was given permissions via a security group in the Site Collection Admins . Once I added my account into the Owners group not via a group the link showed up.

I've had issues with this scenario in relation to Site Mailbox also.

Thanks for providing this clarification Warwick... I have been trying to figure out why I could access the Nintex Forms Admin section from one site, but not another - both of which I was SCA. This is the answer!