There are times when too many emails go back and forth. When you have a primary and secondary approver, the secondary may not have to approve anything very often because the primary approver may not miss much work. If that is the case, the secondary approver is bombarded by emails for no reason. You can set up for the secondary to receive emails only after so many days, hours, etc. Doing this can reduce all of those unnecessary emails and only notify the secondary approver if for some reason the primary approver hasn't completed a task in x amount of time. To do this, perform the following:
- Open the Assign Flexi task action
- Make sure the primary and secondary are in the 'Assignee' on the 'Action' tab
- Click on the Task Notification tab
- Click on the dropdown for 'Edit Settings for' and select the secondary approver
- Click on 'None' for the 'Delivery Type'
- Click on the 'Reminder' tab and set how many reminders need to be sent and the time between reminders
You do not have to set the secondary up in the 'Reminder' tab because they automatically get notified since they are an Assignee. This is a very useful tip to have in a Nintex Workflow developer's bag of tricks.