Skip to main content

I am building some onboarding workflows with tasks, but had a question about stopping a workflow partial way throught. If some tasks had been completed, but we have to stop the workflow-- first off:

a.) what is the best way to do that?

b.) would any open tasks against the workflow be cleared?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

I would use K2 Management / workspace to stop the workflow instance, im not 100% sure if it would clear the active task where the workflow was at, but if it doesn’t and you don’t really want to start that instance again, I’d just add a Place holder event at the end of the workflow and then use K2 Management / Workspace to GOTO Activity that specific instance and place it on the placeholder you created. This will expire all other activities and you should be good.

HTH

Vernon

Thanks a million, Vernon! I will look into doing it that way. I appreciate the advice. I'm very new to K2 and it's a little overwhelming so I sure appreciate the advice.

Mark

Mark,

It really depends on why you want to stop the workflow. If you just want to end the workflow you could end it in workspace. Another way to do this would be to put a button in the form that would allow you to close the item at any time. Maybe a "Close Process" or "End Process" button. You could make this button available only to certain people. When the button is clicked it actions the worklist item and sends the workflow on a different path to end it. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Bryan Peters