SmartObject Service Tester time out error
An error is displayed when executing very long running processes: "Object '...rem' has been disconnected or does not exist at the server".
To confirm, please do the following:
1. Create a new IIS site and a new WCF Service Application.
2. Add the following function:
3. By using the SmartObject Service Tester, register a new service instance and set the "Timeout (Seconds)" parameter to 3600.
4. Then, create a SmartObject for the "TestLongRunningProcess" function.
5. Run the following tests using the SmartObject Service tester tool:
Execute TestLongRunningProcess with secondsTimeout = 5. After 5 seconds, I got "OK".
Execute TestLongRunningProcess with secondsTimeout = 300. After 300 seconds, I got "OK".
Execute TestLongRunningProcess with secondsTimeout = 310. After 310 seconds, the system shows the error.
Please follow these steps to resolve this issue:
1. Install K2 4.7 March 2018 Cumulative Update Fix pack 1 (You can download it here: https://help.k2.com/kb002282?z=636700796193000052)
2. Stop the K2 Sever
3. Open K2HostServer.exe.config (K2 Blackpearl folder->HostServer->Bin)
4. Search for the word “timeout” and add the attribute “appdomainproxytimeout” then specify your desired timeout. Please see the below config as an example:
5. Restart the K2 server and test.
6. Increase the WCF instance services timeout as well.