How do I Install CDO (Collaboration Data Objects)?
This article has been archived, and/or refers to legacy products, components or features. The content in this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated. Archived content is provided for reference purposes only. This content does not infer that the product, component or feature is supported, or that the product, component or feature will continue to function as described herein.
CDO is bundled as a component in MS Outlook (version 2003 or earlier). However, it is not installed by default when you install MS Outlook. The following steps demonstrate how to install CDO as a component of Outlook using a Windows XP machine.
The following steps demonstrate how to install CDO as a component of Outlook using a Windows XP machine.
- Open Add or Remove Programs under Settings > Control Panel
- Click on Change or Remove Programs on the left side bar and select Microsoft Office on the Currently Installed Programs box on the right.
Then, click on Change
- Select Add or Remove Features from the box that pops up. Click on Next.
- Put a check mark on the Choose advanced customization of applications then click Next
- Expand Microsoft Office, click the icon for Collaboration Data Objects and select Run from my computer or Run all from my computer
- Click on Update. CDO will now be installed in your machine