Skip to main content

I have a couple of workflows that have gone in to error. When I investigated it was because user account details were wrong so the workflow couldn't find an email hence the error. I have corrected the account details. Is it possible to get these out of error and launch the workflows again

Regards

Andrew

Depends on how you attempt to grab the user's email. If you are calling the AD User SmartObject to retrieve the user's email directly from your AD, then you should be able to just retry the workflow instance.

If you are retrieving the email from the user object in the context browser, you will need to refresh the user's identity cache in K2 first. To do that,

1. Run the following script on your K2 database:

UPDATE [Identity].[Identity]
    SET [ExpireOn] = GETDATE()
          ,[Resolved] = 0
          ,[ContainersResolved] = 0
          ,[ContainersExpireOn] = GETDATE()
          ,[MembersResolved] = 0
          ,[MembersExpireOn] = GETDATE()
     WHERE [Name] = '<Domain><Username>'

2. Open SmartObject Service Tester, look for a SmartObject called UMUser, and execute it

3. Select the Get User Details method, and enter the user's FQN (eg. K2:DOMAINUsername)

4. Check the results if the email address field is populated

Once this is done, restart your workflow instance.

Hi Andrew,

You can use the Process Management:

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.2/default.htm#legacydesigntools/k2_for_visualstudio_k2_studio/1.elements.k2vs/process_management.htm

Basically, using Live Instance Management (LIM) will retry those error state entries on the later versions of the Process.

-Jean