Skip to main content

I have a calender control that I want to use for filtering a list, however all attempts result in no results being shown.

I have double checked and made sure the list control and calender are using the same date formats.  

Is there some sort of known work around for getting lists to filter by date?

Hi,

Are you filtering the Date field at runtime via the List view QuickSearch similar to the one below? 

This wont work because the filter is only setup to handle 'contains' search.

A possible workaround is to create a a seperate filter for this.

- Select the runtime filter button.
- Provide a name for the filter.
- Add a filter and select the date field in the dropdown on the left.
- In the middle dropdown select "Contains"
- Then in the right hand field type the desired year you want to filter eg. 2016
- Finish
- In the filter dropdown select the created filter and watch the magic work.

Alternatively, you can also try to add a button with a rule to call the filter, the rule can take in user's input via a textbox control and this value can be passed to the filter via GetList view method call.

I've got 2  Calender controls.   

In the runtime filter creater, I've created a filter with it's own name called  'Date Range'    and put in    (Datefield >=  CalenderControl1     AND  DateField  <=  CalenderControl2) .     No dice.

Manually typing the dates, instead of dragging the control into the filter works...but the purpose of this was to using the calender to provide the dates instead of manual typing.

Some interesting behaviors. 

When doing    DateField >  CalendarControl  ,  then every record shows up regardless if it meets the criteria or not.    

When doing DateField = CalenderControl, then no records show up at all despite meeting the criteria.