Skip to main content

Trying to learn about SMO within SQL, went trough some issues when found the Imported data needed some Primary Key, so decided to create another table this one with the primary Key autogenerated then just populate data with:

CREATE TABLE New_Table

(

ID int NOT NULL IDENTITY(1,1) PRIMARY KEY,

Category varchar(255),...

....blah blah blah more columns....

)

Then to populate the data:

INSERT INTO New_Table

SELECT * FROM Original_Table

And voala we have a new table with the Auto Generated Primary Key. But the problem since I created the smart objects and also some views, when I realized did not have the indexes, went to SQL and Delete the original tables.

No I ended with Orphaned Categories that can't be deleted.

13287i3424439C10CB5833.jpg

Then when right click and try to delete...

11407i4491C9093392D0BE.jpg

I wonder if there is a way to run a SQL Query to clear the orphanned Items within the Database to prevent this issues... or something within designer that allow overwrite the deletion because the object no longer exists.

THX Dino.

SOLVED.

Since the Database Tables got deleted but some Views/Forms and Smart Objects still show in the Designer View.

The solution was to go to the Smart Objects Service Tester. 

As expected they are not in the correct Category anymore, however they appear in the Bottom of the List where "All Smart Objects" are located.

Expand the Category, look for those orphaned Smart Objects and deleted.

Back to designer and they are gone, you can delete successfully the root categories without a problem.

K2 Support Rocks.

Hi,

check this KB article, it provides steps on how to delete orphaned Smartobjects:

https://help.k2.com/support-services/kbt141432

Note: K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

07:48 AM  on  May. 2, 2018  Category: K2 blackpearl