Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a date column on the smartform that is showing in US format, when I save the item to the SharePont smartobject it shows on the list view in UK format, but on the smartform it shows in in US and I can't find any setting to set the locale for the date.

This I guess will also apply to workflow conditions/actions I set based on a date criteria so need to get it right :-)

Can anyone advise where you tell K2 that your platform is in the UK datewise?

Thanks, Julie :-)

Julie,

The default setting for dates used in controls is to pick up the user's locale from the browser header information and use that display format.  You can explicitly override the display format by setting the control's style: https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.2/default.htm#create/k2designer/styles/styles.htm

The date and datetime datatypes store the information without regard to how it is displayed.

We can help with dates but probably can't help with the whole driving-on-the-wrong-side-of-the-road thing.  :)

David

Good day JulieBird

Looking at the requirment, a simple column styling format change could resolve this.  The requirement is to change the List views column from diaplaying the date in a US format to displaying it in UK format. Please see the below step by step guide on making these changes.

US date format | mm/dd/yyyy

UK date format | dd/mm/yyyy

Guide:

Step 1: Select the column you need to alter the format on.

Step 2: Select the columns "Style" property.

Step 3: Select the "Date and Time" option, from here you have a few options to work with depending on your design requirement.

• The "User Settings" option when selected will display the date in the system date format based on the user's systems regional settings when the user accesses the view.

• The "Use" option when selected will display the date in the specified format i.e English (United Kingdom).

*Note: For your request I recommend selecting the "Use" option and specifying the English (United Kingdom) format, however this once again depends on your design requirements.

Step 4: Press "OK".

Step 5: Save, Finish and Run your View.

Result | Using the "Use" option with English (United Kingdom) as the specified format:

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Kind Regards

Raymond

Having a similar issue, however the Styling set to UK format does not work within Chrome.

If using Chrome and Chrome has US Keyboard set in its advanced settings, then that overrides the K2 Styling date control set to UK format. Changing UI Culture to En-GB in IIS also has no effect.

What to do?

Hi Sharpharp 1

The reason why chrome is  in US format is because it does not use geographic location like other browsers however you can still change it to UK format manually by clicking the link below and follow step by step process

https://support.netdocuments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000004283-Setting-Google-Chrome-to-show-region-specific-date-formats

Should you find the information from the article useful or leading you to the answer please mark as "Solution and/or Kudo", as it will assist other k2 developers with relevant information in the near future.

Best Regards

Elvis