Skip to main content

We have a Smartbox drop down list which is populated from a table query.  The list contains a group of students for a class.

We have set up an editable list where a person can select each individual student to take an exam.

Can we add a control to 'Select All' the students and add them to the test form?

I am looking into using the for/next logic, but not sure how to use this, and I can't find a clear example; at least for me.

If I were programming this I would save all members in the table collection to an array, then parse through them one at a time to add them to my new list.  

After they would all be added, there is another form button to write them out with the form.

I would need some screen shots of rules, or routines (an example); if I were to get this to work.

Thanks!  Any help is appreciated; it will save some time for entering information.

11856iFDB3DA8BE0AECC76.jpg

My manager got this to work:  

The student detail is taken from the smart box object where we are trying to add the entire list.  The for loop is used.

I have a follow up question:

We require that students have to be entered, and have added a rule that in the SBO editable list, the student text box has to contain a value.

When we added the add all button, the list is populated as shown in the attachments, however some magic is not correct, or missing.

The rule is stating that the text box does not contain a value until one of the students is highlighted (or clicked on).  This must move what is in the control to the SBO input?

Should we be doing another step after updating the editable list?  

We noticed the work around, but it would be better to just make it work.

Thoughts?