Skip to main content

From where I can find multiple files upload control, drag and drop functionality for multiple file, as we have in SharePoint 2013 document libraries

Hi Sufian

I assume you are wanting to add multiple files using a K2 SmartForm?

The multiple file drag and drop functionality does not exist. You can use single attachment controls on an item view, or create a list view of attachments, but in either case you can only load one attachment at a time.

That is terrible. I would have though a top tier application would have better functionality then that.

Hi Sufian,

Drag and drop file attachment functionality is not available in K2 Smartforms ,but you can achieve multiple file upload by following below steps.

Step1: Create SmartBox to store Temp details

First Create a SmartBox to store document details "use this to store temporary details” of docs during document upload. Let’s name this as TempDocsDetails.

• Keep The ID field with Type Auto Number
  • And Add another Field “Attach Document” of Type File.

You can add more fields as per your requirement

Step 2: Create ListView with TempDocsDetails SMO as data Source

Create a List View with Name “MultiDocUpload” to add Details in TempDocsDetails , By using TempDocsDetails  SMO as data Source for this.

Step3: Add MultiDocUpload view in SmartForm

Add view MultiDocUpload to smartform and write and unbound rule in smartform for Submit button click

• When Button is Clicked
  • For All rows on MultiDocUpload View (Add Condition “for each item in a List View”)
  • Add Action to insert document in SharePoint List 
  • Then add action “Execute a SmartObject method “to delete records from TempDocsDetails SmartBox.

To Insert document in sharepoint List follow the below steps:

• Create a smartobject around your sharepoint list or library with "create" method on the smartobject to upload the attachment to the list.
  • You can Create SMO from both SharePoint and SMO tester Utility.

let me know if it helps.