Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a K2 installation which links to an AD (called AD1). AD1 has 2 way trust of another AD (called AD2).

With this setting, obviously, we are allowing users from AD2 to create a new process through SmartForm.

And right now, I am planning to decommission AD2 and migrate the users to AD1.

My question is, is there any tool/script to migrate AD2 users to AD1 users in K2?

This is to maintain the continuity after the AD2 migration, so the migrated users are able to see its running process and action it accordingly.

Thank you for your help in advance. 

Andy

K2 does not do any editing or management of Active Directory. If you want to migrate users, it will be through Mircosoft tools, not K2 ones. There is a good article available here on managing AD, though:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc974332(v=ws.10).aspx

Ian

Are wondering about existing destination users, out of office settings, escalations, security settings and such will work after the users are migrated to the new domain?

If so its a good question and you may want to ask K2 Support or Consulting.   Looking in the K2 database in the Server schema  there are a bunch of tables were users are stored using the AD1username format.  I doubt the user entries will automatically being converted to AD2username after a domain migration however maybe K2 has a script to run after the migration has been performed

Hope this helps,

Tim

@K2Ian, Thank you for your reply. What I am asking is what @timkn understand.

@timkn, you are absolutely correct. I can see all usernames in DB tables are kept as AD1username. Thank you for your advice. I will try to contact K2 Support.

Andy,

Was K2 Support able to assist? I'm beginning a Domain Migration myself and wondered before opeining a ticket. Thanks.