Skip to main content

Hi,

We have installed Management Site and noticed that Management Console is not available on the Workspace despite being setup as admin via Management Site.

Is this a default behaviour?

Thanks

Hi Nataliya

It’s not a default behaviour, until or unless user will change the permission it will be appearing to everyone.

In your workspace navigate to "Security > Workspace Permissions" and check workspace menu permission. In case if any user is not defined then all users are authorized but if there is a user then except that others will be unauthorized.

Hi Nataliya,

Is there any workspace permissions setup after installing K2 Workspace site?

Perhaps, this community article might help

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/K2-workspace-administration-Management-Console-menu-missing/ta-p/93499

Hi everyone, thank you for your answers.

We are also looking into this. The article is helpful but I do not think we want to give everyone permission to the workspace.

Is there another way to resolve this?

Hi Nataliya,

Lets goto one by one for your points

• We have installed Management Site and noticed that Management Console is not available on the Workspace despite being setup as admin via Management Site. Is this a default behaviour?

For this as I have already told It’s not a default behavior, until or unless user will not change the permission it will be appearing to everyone.

But  there is a case when console may not appear to any user. If none of the users listed in the Management Console branch of Workspace Permissions have Admin rights set on the Workflow Server, no one will be able to access the Management Console.

Let suppose workspace security rights are assigned to only one user who left the organization or by mistake not set to anyone in that case nobody will be able to access Management console. And If this happened, it will be required to manually adjust the SQL databases to reset all Workspace permissions.

Now if will go to your next point

• We are also looking into this. The article is helpful but I do not think we want to give everyone permission to the workspace. Is there another way to resolve this?

In your workspace navigate to "Security > Workspace Permissions". On R.H.S  you will be able to see user added  if previously workspace rights have given by you to any user, but by default it will be empty. Now click on add and search for user and group  you want to give permission, select it and click on ok. repeat the same step if you want to add more users.

let me know if this helps.