Skip to main content

Hello,

I've got a K2 VM on azure but without K2 connect.

Is it possible to recieve data from SAP to this server and integrate this in my workflows trough smartobjects, like with using SAP netweaver or anything else,

or is k2 connect the only way to achieve this?

Thank you,

Lenard Schockaert

Hi Lschokaert,

I'm just about certain that K2 connect is the only supported way to do this, but as with just about everthing in K2, if you can come up with the code, you are more than welcome to use it.  If you can find/create some sort of webservice to surface data from SAP, you can build a smartobject off that webservice.

Granted, you're sort of reinventing the wheel in this case.

Regards,

Mike

I suppose it is also possible to create a SQL service instance against the SQL backends of SAP and interact directly with the database with the (CRUDL) methods, assuming your are familiar how SAP interacts with the backends.

So instead of:

Database <--> SAP  <--> K2 connect <--> Smartobject

You are effectively:

Database <--> SQL service broker <--> Smartobject

Lenard

You can use OData to connect to SAP. You will need to have the OData sevices written and exposed on the NetWeaver Gateway, and work out a method of authentication.

K2 have a OData Service Broker in Beta that you can request.

From experience its not particluarly easy, but possible.

Hi,

Sorry for opening this old thread. But I wanted to know if were successful in using K2 OData service with SAP.

I've managed to connect to SAP service  but can only perform the list operation. The other CRUD operations do not work as they require csrf token. I've opened a new topic  https://community.k2.com/t5/K2-Cloud/K2-integration-with-SAP/m-p/112934#M341 but just thought will check here.