K2 Emailing

• 5 September 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

Hello all,

Doing some work on the workflow in K2 studio, I have had a request from the users that they only want to recieve an email when they have a task assigned to them. However, they wish to be able to see every tasks in their K2 worklist.

Is this possible, so far on most of my configuration attempts I can achieve either no emails but no tasks or with both emails and tasks.

Cheers,

Martin

4 replies

Badge +7

You can create a form based on the worklist for all users and filter on whatever is relevant; then include the link in task notifcation email to the form showing all tasks. CUstomers only get emails when a task is assigned to them but can view all tasks whenever they like. 

Badge +8

Martin,

You can also create a search form. This is just a basic form that has a list view on the main Smartobject. I usually create a rule that filters the list based on the user that is logged into the form and if they created it.

Another way is to create a form called Viewflow or Worklist item. I have outlined how to do this in the link below. I include screenshots and step by step instructions.

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Using-a-button-on-a-form-to-see-workflow-progress/m-p/96667#M31267 

Please let me know if this helps or if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Bryan Peters

Badge +8

Martin,

I forgot to address the other question. If you collect the name of the person it is assigned to in the form you can add that to participants within the workflow. The person who is assigned this request will be the person getting the email. Now a problem that I have run into is I cannot just use the name from the system I have to use the email address. I do this by using a people picker and configuring the people picker to save the email address to the smartobject. I can then use it in the workflow. Let me know if you want to know more about how I do this and I can provide some screenshots.

Thanks,

Bryan Peters

Badge +5

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses. 

I will look into each one, but I am getting the impression these require extensive modifications... :(

I did notice there is a task list on the management platform for K2, is there anyway to have this as its own form?

Cheers,

Martin