Skip to main content

Hi all,

I am trying to use the users in an activegroup to become the dropdown values in a dropdown column.  I have achieved this using the 'getusersbygroup' method on an active directory smartobject as the data source.

However, our organisation permissions sites and assigns actions via an AD 'Organisational Role' group as opposed to the direct individual user AD account.  For example we assign a task to an 'IT Manager AD Group'.  Inside this group we place the inidivdual user account of the person currently in this role.  The reason for doing this makes it fluid to manage permissions when individuals move departments or new employees start, in that the tasks are automatically assigned to the new person in the IT Manager role without any manual intervention of reassigning tasks to individuals.

Issue:

When I use the 'getusersbygroup' method on my drop down it will only return 'individuals inside the group and not any of the 'oganisational role sub groups' that we have put inside the main group we are performaing the method on.

Is there any way of doing this?  Or a smartobject out there that has a 'getgroupsingroups' method?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, Julie

Hello,

I do not believe there is currently a method to return Groups in Groups Out of the Box. I think this would be a great feature to be added to the Product and would suggest creating an idea on https://ideas.k2.com/

I played around with the ADService2 Smartobjects, and it looks like the AD Group smartobject does have a GetOrganizationalUnitGroups where we can pass an OU and get the groups in there.