Skip to main content

I am building out a workflow where the first activity after the user starts the workflow is a SmartFroms Client Event going to a specified role.  

Both myself and the other person in the role get two email notifications. 

The two notifications I receive have unique serial numbers (example the one I'm looking at has 962_27 and 962_35).

The destination rule looks like:

16453iE8E664CBA3CE939A.png

Any ideas?

Rob

Hi Rob,

What version of K2 are you on?

Can you show a screenshot of each individual email?

Thanks

Hello Robert,

We will want to figure out if there are multiple workflows firing, or if it is just two Task Notifications. 

If multiple workflows:

How is this workflow being started? 

If it is SharePoint, could it be that we have events setup for both when an Item is Added and When and Item is Updated?

If it is Smartforms, do we maybe have 2 rules (on separate states possibly)  that start the workflow at the same time?

If Task Notifications are just duplicated, then it my be due to Mailbox issues. Please make sure the Mailbox is cleared out. 

Hi there.  We're on 4.7.

There is only one workflow firing....each email gives a separate serial number, but the process ID on each is the same.   In the case of this example the serial numbers for me are 964_35 and 964_27.

Strangely enough, the serial numbers for the other person in the role who also got two emails are also 964_35 and 964_27.

So, my GUESS is that for some reason (likely due to how i have the client event configured) it's sending the same notification to everyone in the role.  

Thoughts?

Here's a screenshot of the e-mail:

Do you see multiple tasks on your worklist, or are you only receiving mulitple task notifications?

If you look at the global worklist, who does it show the items assigned to?

Do you have any Cumulative updates (and fix packs) applies to your environment?

Multiple tasks on worklist, yes.  I would expect that since each email is referencing a unique serial number in the link to form.

As far as the worklist (something I rarely use...and I think you'd honestly have to try REALLY hard to make this thing less user-friendly) it seems to show that both tasks are assigned to the defined role (HPOPP team).

You know how they say the simplist explanation is usually the right one.

I had something wrong in my workflow lines rules.

Although I have not yet tested it, I am 99% sure this is going to fix it! 

Rob

Hi Rob, 

In order for each person to be able to look at the item, you'll need to make sure there's a slot for them. I would use "Create a slot for each destination" and then "Resolve roles and groups to users". 

I would then edit the outcome rule for the client event so that it only requires 1 (or however many) actions to be completed before continuing on with the workflow: