Error occurred trying to Execute (SmoSPListItem) - Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ServerException

• 6 January 2017
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

I am using a smart object created on a SharePoint list service instance. when I try to fill in some paramters to get all list items it is giving me following error

Error occurred trying to Execute (SmoSPListItem) - Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ServerException: Cannot complete this action. Please try again.

screen shot of error is attached.

16410i5C0E3571DA76AC17.png

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

1.  What service broker is this SmartObject making use of?  Sharepoint 2013, Sharepoint V2, Sharepoint Content, etc?

2.  What version of Sharepoint is this?  Usually Sharepoint 2013 will use the Sharepoint 2013 broker; whereas Sharepoint 2010 can use the Sharepoint V2/Sharepoint Content broker.

3.  Are you familiar with the SmartObject Service Tester tool?  Usually located at (C:Program Files(x86)K2 blackpearlBin).  If so, can the SmartObject be executed from the Tester tool successfully?

4.  Does it execute successfully without input properties or parameters (since it is a list method)?

Srvice Broker is SharePoint content with SharePoint 2010 version.

I have tried to execute smart object in tester tool and it is working fine there with and without paramters.

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

1.  Does this occur with only this list or with all lists?

2.  Does a simple Custom list work?

This is happening with all lists.

All lists are simple cutom list with all outof the box list columns.