Skip to main content

Hello,

i'm trying to execute the following line of code on a k2 blackbearl 4.6.11.

SourceCode.SmartObjects.Client.SmartObjectList oSmOList = serverName.ExecuteList(smartObject)

This is executing proberly on the Development machine. But, when attempting to execute the same function on production (which is running k2 blackbearl 4.6.11 as well) it returns System.Exception: Invalid archive type.

Any suggestions on why this is happening?

Thanks you.

Hi, I've seen this error a few times and it has always pointed to version differences. You however specifically mention the versions are the same...? Most of the time an "Invalid Archive Type" error is thrown when the DLL version of your SourceCode.Workflow.Client DLL is different from the version of K2 that is installed on your server.

Hello Coenievd, yes i know that most probably this error is a version discrepancy, but i double checked and they are identical.

Thank you.

This issue was happening due to the conflict between the windows version of the Dev. and production enviroments (Dev is 32-bit and production is 64-bit).

so, using  the 64-bit version of the dlls solved the problem.

Thank you.

There is another reason why this error occurs. The solution marked here does not apply to me because it is occurring in Dev environment only. Version is the same. More investigation is needed.

We were running into this with a web site that was trying to read closed K2 instances. What I wound up doing to solve it in my case was swapping out different versions of the K2 DLLs that resided in the bin folder, until I found a set that worked. Most sets would load on the website, but only one set would actually work.