Question

Empty reference values but correct amount of rows in the reference

• 3 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have an interesting issue where i have recently deployed a new service instance to leverage OData calls to SAP for personal data. I have a workflow that passes 2 values to a SMO created from the service instance being a total cost and personal number to then return between 1 and 3 personal numbers of people responsible for approving a request. 

Most use cases are 1 returned value or 2 barely 3, but in accounts for multiples i have created a small loop over a reference list in my workflow to pass those approver personal numbers to a sub workflow to create a separate task to approve this persons request, then garbage collecting the any additional workflows open with a SMO so there isn’t any double ups or issues.

Hopefully that’s paints enough of a picture of my process to understand the issues i am having, for no apparent reason, nothing has notably changed in my development environments but my list isn’t passing the personal numbers back from the list to create tasks. it is however creating the correct amount of tasks without errors, the task assignments person looks similar to a string “AAD:@Domain.com.au” in the task assignment sub workflow I pass the personal number values that should make look like “AAD:12345@Domain.com.au” which has proven to work up until a few days ago where i had to work on other projects before picking this back up.

i understand the ambiguous nature of “ nothing has changed in my environment “ but i am hoping someone understands the systems better or has had a similar issue to assist.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

It is possible that your workflow definition has become corrupted. As a test it might be worth creating a dummy workflow that does a similar task with the loop, write the values out to variables and check the audit box. Then run the Process Instance Data Audit Report to see all the changes.

Badge +1

Hey NicS,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried remaking the service instance, SMOs and workflows all to brand new areas. I cannot understand the interactions with SMO’s, References & Odata URL’s. I presumed the references were some sort of list object that holds all the values you need,.