Display Serial Number on Form

• 25 May 2017
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I need the workflow to output the serial number on the form - I need to display it on a data label.

What fields do I need to call to get the serial number? 

Kind Regards

Sana

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

I assume you are attempting to display the Serial Number of an active task on this task form?  I believe a valid Serial Number will usually only exist while the Task/Client event is active:

When integrating with SmartForms, it will create a State and add a rule to open this task on the form; in this context, the applicable Serial Number will be available:

In the open worklist item rule:

In this Rule, the Serial Number can be mapped to a data label control in the out put mapping for the application Activity:

Thank you.

I was hoping to use the start a workflow rule to output the serial number to a data label  OR  to pass the serial number into a data field in the workflow, then to output that data field into a data label.

Now sure how I will use open worklist item, in the form I have, but if there is no alternative, I will have to rethink my form.

Badge +9

Hi SanaShah,

Start Workflow Action rule is only responsible to start workflow, once process instance is created  rule execution will completed and return process instance id in output mappings.

• SN is combination of “Process Instance ID”(for e.g. 9865) and “Activity Instance Destination ID”( for e.g. 21)
  • Which is appears as    Process Instance ID_ Activity Instance Destination ID (9865_21).
  • As we already have Process Instance ID, we are only required to get “Activity Instance Destination ID” to generate SN.

To get “Activity Instance Destination ID” follow below steps

• Add rule “Execute a SmartObject method “and select SmartObject as “Activity Instance Destination” which is available under Workflow reports.

• Now concatenate both Data Label’s having “_” in between, which return SN.

Let me know if this helps you.