Skip to main content

Hi,

Come across an with a recent form which requires the user to spend quite a bit of time entering data on the form.

User spent about 2.5 Hours on the form, then clicked on submit and was asked to log back into the form. When the user logged back, all the entered data was lost..... I imagine that user was rather unhappy for the remainder of the day.

We use Microsoft TMG to forward form requests to the K2 Server, however this is the first form where a user spends considerable time on.

I looked into the issue, and it appears that this is something that Microsoft TMG uses:

12254iFB679BA3A8D38A91.jpg

The Default is Public or Shared Computer - The listner timeout is 20 minutes

The Private computer is 6 hours

Because users just login, ignoring the above public/private settings, the session is only 20 mins and hence the timeout.

We can't change the public timeout to higher as this would affect all other systems.

Is there anything in K2 that can detect the Public/Private Browser session or does anyone know of a way to default the login box to Private for this particular form?

Thanks,

Hi Sharpharp1,

Please see related KB Session Timeout Settings for K2 smartforms

Kind Regards

Luyanda

Please Note: K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Already tried the above last week.
We only use Windows Authentication and this is already set to 8 hours in the web.config.

The timeout settings do not apply if you use Windows Authentication as per the KB:

Windows AuthenticationNo timeouts are experienced as the browser automatically uses NTML or Kerberos to re-authenticate the user

The forms URLs come in via a TMG redirection (to hide the Server name) and we have a realm in k2 to handle the request.

But i tested it and the TMG timeout in PUBLIC Browser setting does ask you to login (after 20 mins) after i clicked submit on the form and all my data was lost.

I then clicked Private computer and submitted the form about 2 hours laters and that submitted it ok.

Any ideas...

Hi Sharpharp1,

Maybe this could help, if you Troubleshoot Claims-Based Authentication Errors

Please follow the link: https://help.k2.com/kb002030

Thank you

Kind Regards

Luyanda

Please Note: K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.