Adding an additional step in the looplus page - Doc Gen Package

Hi. I am trying to add an additional step in the loop page before my doc gen process is run. I would like the user to choose a record to base the document generation on before running.

There are 3 relationships in the process - Project, Job and Forecast.

My document creation is creating an invoice based on the information in the forecast screen. This works well when excuting the doc gen directly from the forecast screen, however some users want to run the 'create an invoice' routine from higher up the relationship. e.g Project and so i need the user to be able to select which forecast record to base their invoice on when they are in the loop page.

Any help or guidance appreciated. Can you add any additional sections into the process?

Thanks!

4 replies

Hi Sam,

This has come up before. Ultimately the best experience will be a custom visualforce page kicked off from the Project object that surfaces the related forecasts, contact, DocGen packages and delivery. You can then use apex to generate the output via our 'loopmessage' class. This should be relatively easy, since all of the record ids needed would be in the VF page. Below is some documentation on our loopmessage class:

loopmessage documentation

Best,

Badge +7

Can you confirm are running this in Classic and the record you want to select is a related list?  

Great thank you, i will take a look.

Regards

Sam

Hi. No i am running Lightening but yes they are related lists.

Thanks

Sam