When upgrading to K2 Five (5.4) from any of the following versions:
- K2 blackpearl (4.7) with March 2022 Cumulative Update.
- K2 Five (5.3) with January 2022 Cumulative Update.
A blocking error occurs during the upgrade which leaves the environment in an unusable state.
- The following error occurs during upgrade:
- The following error occurs in the K2 Host Server logs: “Logged Error: Failed: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it [Environment IP & Port]”
The fix is available in K2 Five (5.4) (5.0005.2000.0)
- Download the latest K2 Five (5.4) (5.0005.2000.0) installer from Nintex Customer Central.
- Navigate to the ~install directory~K2Setup and delete the folder titled “State”.
- Install the downloaded K2 Five (5.4) (5.0005.2000.0) build.
- You must download and install the K2 Five (5.4) March 2022 Cumulative Update to get the environment aligned and working properly.
- It is recommended to clear browser cache and refresh the page.
You cannot unblock your environment with the steps provided above by using the K2 Five (5.5) (5.0006.1000.1) build.
If you are upgrading to K2 Five (5.4) the K2 Five (5.4) (5.0005.2000.0) build must be used to unblock the environment.