cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris0204
Nintex Newbie

Do not start Workflow when item is modified in specific column

Jump to solution

Is it possible that the Workflow ignores when a item is modified in a specific column? For each other column the Workflow has to start. 

With best regards

Christian 

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
graham
Nintex Newbie

Re: Do not start Workflow when item is modified in specific column

Jump to solution

You would have to have a conditional start set for change on ALL of the other columns

There is no way to test within a workflow which changed field triggered it.

0 Kudos
bamaeric
Nintex Newbie

Re: Do not start Workflow when item is modified in specific column

Jump to solution

Hi Christian.  Which version of Nintex Workflow are you using?

If you're using the on-premise version of Nintex Workflow, then you can use the conditional start of the workflow when the item is modified.  From what I understand, you only want the workflow to run if the item is changed AND the value of a specific column has not changed.

Below is how to accomplish what you're asking (I'm using Nintex Workflow 2013):

1. Open the workflow designer and click on the Workflow Settings.
  2. In Workflow Settings, select the "Conditional" choice in the "Start when items are modified" drop down and click on the Conditions button.
  3. In the first drop down condition, select the previous value option for the column you want to compare (i.e. "Status (previous value)" field in my example below).
  4. Keep the "Equals" option and check the "Compare to field?" option.
  5. In the third drop down, select the current value of the field in Step #3 (i.e. "Status" field in my example below).
  6. Save the Workflow Settings and publish the workflow.

In my example, the workflow will only start if the item was modified (any column besides Status) AND the Status column has not changed.  In other words, the workflow will not run if the item was modified AND the Status column has changed.

Nintex Workflow 2013 - Conditional Start on item modified and field unchanged