Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Need help formatting a list lookup in Nintex Form

Jump to solution

Hello people

So, I have a list lookup in a form. After some discution, my client want me to make the list more "intuitive"

Here's the original list :

Sans titre.pngSans titre 2.pngSans titre 3.png

So the client want two things :

1. to have a space between each type of field in the list (so between P1/1_Cuve_X, P1/2_Cuve_X, P30/X, and POL_013), or to change the order (P1/1_Cuve_X, P30/X, P1/2_Cuve_X, POL_013). I don't see how to make the first one, so I tried to change the order of the list, but it will not display as such in the form. Why ?
  2. To make the field larger to have more choice without having to scroll. How can I do that ?

I was thinking of another method who seems to be good for my client, except two things. The method is to use check case to select the choice. Like that :

Sans titre 4.png

The first thing I want to change is to add a space between each line, so that each "part" are more visible.

The second thing are on the last line. I want to alignate each choice with the ones on the above line, and to send the last choice on an fourth line. Is that possible ? in the option, I can only select a fixed number of choice per line (here it's at 6).

Thanks in advance

PS : I was thinking of using metadata instead of a list, but I don't think it will please my client (who want to have the least number of action to do). Plus, I have some trouble to send the metadata on another list by workflow. So if I can have a solution without metadata, it will be great ^^"

Labels: (3)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Need help formatting a list lookup in Nintex Form

Jump to solution

For the alignment, you can choose "Fixed" in Column Alignment property of your multichoice field.

Then increase the field width and you should be ok :

From this...

Tho this...

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Great, it works fine ^^ But is it possible to separate the last choice of the last line ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

So I had some new machine to add, and now my list have change. To have one type of machine per line, I add for one a "dummy" (called P30/X(test)) to have 6 item per line (except the last). I want to deactivate this choice (and if possible hide it) for the user. It's only use is to add a sixth item on the third line to pass the last type on machine on the last line, so it should not be choose.

here's a picture :

Issue.png

Is it possible ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

One clean solution if you want to manage your choices by group, is to use separate fields : 1 choice field for 1st line, 1 other field for second line,...

On the form, you'll be able to do the trick if you perfectly align the fields.

And if you really need a unique field containing ALL choices, you could do this by workflow.

You'll have :

- 1 column for choices beginning with P1/1

- 1 column for choices beginning with P1/2

- 1 column for P30

- 1 column for POL

- 1 column with all those choices, not shown in the form, that will contain all choices and have values set by workflow...

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Another solution should be to add on the form a panel that will hide the (test) choice.... this choice exists but will never be seen neither in View form nor in Edit form.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Seriously, this is an incredibly simple and clever solution ! I've never thought about that one

Thanks, I'll do that for now. But I'll also see your other solution, they seems really interesting (even if I cannot make more than one field ^^")

Thanks a lot for your help

0 Kudos