We are having a problem getting the List Form Webpart to display the first row item of a filtered list webpart.
Some context: We are currently using Project Server 2013 with Nintex Workflow 2013, Nintex Workflow for Project 2013, and Nintex Forms 2013. In Project Server, there are global pages you create called Project Detail Pages. These are basically web part pages that can be associated with and become available at different stages of a project.
Since these are used globally, the information they display has to be dynamic and pull information related to the project the user is viewing. Each of these links follows this format:
The projuid value in the URL is what allows the project details pages to identify which project's info to show.
We've connected three webparts to try and display the form for a specific project. List of webparts on Project Details Page and their function:
1. Query String (URL) Filter webpart parses out the project UID value (projuid) from the URL. It passes the projuid value as a filter value for the Project UID column in the next webpart.
2. List View Webpart for a list. This webpart displays the list item that matches the projectUID value from the query filter. This webpart passes the first row item to the Nintex List Form webpart.
3. Nintex List Form web part. This web part is set to display the form for the first item from List View webpart.
The query webpart works; it successfully captures the projuid value.
The filtered List View Web part also works; the list shows up as filtered.
The problem is with the List Form webpart. It doesn't display the correct row item; it displays the first row of the List View Webpart as if it wasn't being filtered.
Anyone have any idea how to make sure the Nintex List Form webpart shows the first row of a filtered list view webpart?
Lets try to isolate the issue, what if you created custom list and SharePoint page away from Project Server will have the same issue? I mean if you created a custom list and filled with data, then added to a SharePoint site page a 1- List view web part 2- then added the any other filter like text filter to connect to list view web part. 3- then added Nintex List Form web part to connect to the List view web part. Would you be able on your site to Filter the Nintex Form List web part? Or, a quick test on the same Project Server pages, is to use another filter like "Text Filter" and see if that make a difference. Thanks
I created a test on a separate site outside of Project Server. The test page contains two webparts: a list view webpart pointing to a custom list and a list form webpart.
After connecting the list web part to the list form webpart, i tried to select an item to view. I noticed the same issue from the Project Details page. The previously selected item would be the one that displayed in the form webpart; I click on Item02, but Item01 displays; I then click on Item03, but Item02 displays.
The same issue happens with a connected test filter web part. The previous search's result is what displays.
I opened a ticket with Nintex and we had our first support call today. The support engineer was able to replicate the issue on his end, so they are investigating whether or not this is a bug or a configuration issue.
Yes. They were able to replicate my issue, but they were also able to set up the same type of page that worked. I still haven't been able to display it correctly. Our ticket is still open with Nintex.
I had the exact same problem and I had a desktop share session with the Nintex Support.
We tried every available configuration, but no success.
The Nintex Support person looked into the Nintex List Form web part code to understand what property value is been passed to the webpart.
Here's what we deduced
Just to review our call we found that the selected value of the list view web part did not send the correct row data to our web part due to the "selected" item not changing when the filter was applied to the view. That filter simply changes the view however does not change the "selectID" of the item.
Looks like we need to depend on Jquery to get this working.
if any one come across a solution, please post.