Russ_G
Design Dabbler

NWC and Smartsheet

Hi Nintex Community,

Using Nintex Workflow Cloud, I created a connection to Smartsheet.  I am trying to retrieve specific cell data.  When I use "Get a Row" and "Get a Column" I get row and column collection variables.  I am trying to get one data point (like dollar amount) for one cell.  In excel terms, the value in cell b3.  Can this get done with the current SmartSheet Actions? and/or with Get Collection Variable?

More specifically my data is like this:  (In the Start Event Form the user will enter the store# 2501 and I want Nintex to connect with Smartsheet and return Sales of $650 and put it in a short text variable in a form downstream.

Store#  Sales$ Profit$

1001     $500    $300

2501     $650    $450

3001     $890    $560

Thank you.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
leighburke
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: NWC and Smartsheet

@Russ_G Will you know which row you need, or will you have to grab each row until you find the correct row?

0 Kudos
Russ_G
Design Dabbler

We should know what row we need.  In the initial start form, I will have the user input the store number in a short text field.  Then in the next several steps I want Nintex to connect with Smartsheet, find the row that has the store number and then return an item in the row.

The same as a Vlookup in excel.  Find the row with the store number and then return, say the data point 3 columns to the right.

That is what I am trying to do.  I am thinking through your suggestion of using expressions.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
leighburke
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

@Russ_G Currently the smartsheet get a row action can only grab by row number not by value. So if the sheet has a lot of rows the below may not be a viable solution and you would need to look at another option potentially by working with the sheet as a CSV. It would look something like the below as  an example.

• Start with a loop to grab each row one at time 
  • Set the cells to a text variable and check if it contains sales code
  • If yes then use get item from collection to grab the column and regex to get sales value.

leighburke_0-1626216853516.png

If you have any feedback on improvements for the connectors, I would also suggest raising it on the uservoice(https://nintex.uservoice.com).

0 Kudos