Finding the Decision codes

Badge +9

Hey everyone,

This might sound silly. But I can't seem to decode the decisions on a task form? I saw that some of you go to the database and get those codes. But I have for each task form different decisions. I basically want to put a rule on the task form to validate only if the decision is anything else but "reject". 

I tried to display the task list in a datasheet view with the outcome, hoping that I can see the codes. Same as it is for the Workflow status field. But nope, it didn't show the codes, it showed actual values.

Is there anyway I can make rules without using the codes or is there anyway I can find those codes without having to check the database tables?? 

4 replies

Badge +9

‌? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

simply add calculated control value on task form and set its formula to Decision control.

run the form (not preview!) and select single decision options. calc value control will show you its value.

Badge +9

Thanks Marian. I'll give it a try.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

If you just wanna plonk in some code that will allow you to validate against the verbiage of whatever you have set as selectable outcomes for the Flexi Task, you could use something along the lines of: 

NWF$("#" + DecisionID).find("input:checked").siblings("label").text() === "RejectOrWhatever";

(This was taken from a thread over here: https://community.nintex.com/thread/16251-understanding-validation#comment-62687

Using this will require you to setup a JavaScript variable name on the decision control, but that is simple enough and can be accomplished by opening the properties, expanding the Advanced Tab, selecting "Yes" from the drop down next to 'Client ID JavaScript variable name" and inputting the named value: 

213920_pastedImage_11.png

In this instance I have used the name 'DecisionID' as shown in the code near the top of this post.