Send email via workflow on list item creation

• 5 September 2017
  • 9 replies

Badge +3

Hi all, 

I very new to Nintex, please have patience. I have a request by one of our customers to send an email when a new item gets added to the list. I know this can be accomplished using a workflow. But, this is where i get stuck. I don't know which workflow actions to use nor what fields i'm supposed to add to them. Could you guys please point me in the right direction? 

Thank you in advance.

9 replies

Badge +16

Hello and welcome!  you have come to the right place we are a very friendly bunch here on the community!

First of all what version of workflow are you using for which version of SharePoint?  i.e. on prem or online?

What does your custom want the email to say?

can you show me a screenshot of your list?

Badge +3

Hi Cassy, 

I'm using Nintex Workflow 2013 v3.1.7.10 on SharePoint 2013 on-prem. The email will just state that a new item has been added to the list and it's ready to be viewed. 

Thank you.

Badge +16

Ok are the nintex workflow features activated? If you go list ribbon and workflow settings drop down do you see create a workflow with nintex workflow?

Badge +3

I just activated them and I'm now in the creation of workflow screen.

Badge +16

excellent!  right, so on the workflow settings button you will see this part:

If you want your workflow to fire whenever an item is created, you are going to want to make sure that start when items are created is changed to yes.  Save the workflow settings.

Then in your workflow designer you want to add a "send notification" action and configure that to send to who you want it to with the content you want it to.

Once you have done that, publish the workflow.

Add an item to check it runs automatically.

Badge +3

It works!! - thank you so much Cassy! i really appreciate your time on this even though it was something this simple happy.png 

Badge +16

Hey listen don't worry - I had some of the greatest people on here help me out when I just started so it's all about doing my bit to help you along with your learning!  There is no such thing as too simple a question to ask - so just post again if something else comes up!

Badge +3

Awesome thank you so much!

Badge +1

Dear group, 
I have one issue I create list work flow using nintex on SharePoint 2013 on premises,the list has 3280 items so how to run this list work flow once a time on each list item if you did before please help (urgent)