Deploy failed without error Message

Badge +8

hi,

I have designed a k2 blackpearl process with InfoPath integration. When I try to deploy the process I get the message "Deploy failed" but in the Error List there are no errors.

In the Output Window of Visual Studio I get the following message:

Build succeeded.

------ Deploy started: Project: Specialworkflow, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------

error : The build was aborted because of an unexpected logger failure.

========== Build: 4 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

30 replies

Badge +7

Hello,

we had the same problem. In the moment we work by deselecting the "Create Workflow Reporting SmartObjects" option. We opened a call for this issue and I think the answer from K2 Support is interesting you also:

"We are aware of the problems when deploying with the ’Create Workflow Reporting SmartObjects’ selected and are working to resolve this in the next service release.

The fact is that you do not have to deploy that every time a deployment takes place and should only be performed when the process has been thoroughly tested and is ready to go into production. At this stage you will (if required) build the workflow specific reporting and deploy the process once with the ’Create Workflow Reporting SmartObject’ enabled.

Note that you only require this functionality when creating specific reports for a specific process instance. You will still be able to view the out-of-the-box reports and build reports."

Badge +5

I would make sure the settings are the same on the SQL Server (Server B) also for the MSDTC. I have had to do this before.

icon-quote.gifJochen:

yes it's the same.

my system looks like this

k2 server and client is on server a
moss is on server a
database is on server b

where should I do the changes. Are there some negative siteeffects when I tick this checkbox?

thx

Badge +8
As fas as I can remember I had the same settings on sql and on moss server.
Badge +1

Hi,

Verify whether the path of the file exceeds more than 256 characters. If so make sure to change the file location.

Badge +3
Just had a similar issue, Process Monitor reported 'ACCESS DENIED' for the solution on the folder 'objDebugDeployment'. Don't ask me how that happen, just gave permissions to the current user to that folder (and contents), problem fixed.