K2ROM - Parallel Work Items

• 28 February 2006
  • 4 replies

Badge +5
I have a process step that once released goes to 3 steps (therefore 3 items 1 at each step). In K2Rom if you open one of the items this is marked as allocated/open but the other items are marked as available.

Is it possible to lock the other items assocaited to this case so that no user can open these without the previously opened case being closed.

I guess I can bring in Case locking on our application DB but I'm sure I've seen before that K2 can remove all related cases from the worklist until an action is performed on the first opened work list item.

I currently call WorklistItem.Open(True) to open an item.

4 replies

Badge +11
Sorry, you've lost me here...

Is it 1 Activity with 3 Client Events?
Is it 1 Activity with 1 Client Event going to 3 different Destination Users?
Is it 3 parallel Activities with the same Client Event in each?

If possible, give us a screenshot of your process flow.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +5
After I release from 1 Active, the workitem splits 3 ways going to 3 different activities each having different destination people. Once the 3 activities are complete and have been released, the next step can progress. Therefore 3 parallel activities in the same process.

You Can see from screenshot1, the Review Response Activity once release goes to 3 different activities.

Screenshot 2 shows the same case but in the worklist 3 times, there in the worklist as this user can see all cases. You can see that the first case is locked however the other 2 are not? Is it possible to lock these or not display via k2rom, I'm sure I've seen this before!
Badge +11
In a different thread, Dean replied:
If a single workitem is routed to 3 activity steps in parallel, this means that each activity destination user will display a workitem for each activity. If a user opens one of these activity workitems the other 2 aren't marked as open/allocated as they are separate work items in there own right. Is there any way of locking these as potentially you may not want more than 1 person opening a case that is in parallel steps.

Or is the only way to implement Case locking on an application DB?

I still don't get it...
If it is a single workitem, why do you split it into three parallel Activities.

To answer your question, No - the three different Acitivities represents 3 different objects and there is no way in K2.net to block a user from accessing his/her worklist item in this way.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +13
It's correct for that user to see the same worklist 3 times because it represents 3 distinct tasks that he has to accomplish.

Also you must have set that user in each of the 3 task's destination.
If he's only supposed to work on 1 distinct task then remove him from the other two.

Once someone else opens the workitem of the other 2 open tasks it should disappear from this user's worklist.