Nintex Workflow for O365 update person field with single or multiple users

• 17 April 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

I wanted to update person or group field with single or multiple set of users. 

Following approach worked for me. 

To update it with single user account, retrieve the value of the corresponding User Name property for the user account you would want to update from the list item, example user1@domain.COM.

To update multiple set of users for person field. Gather the User Name property value from list and concatenate the values using semi colon to look like this example user1@domain.COM;user2@domain.COM;user3@domain.COM;user4@domain.COM.

Trim for any spaces in between and trim end for semicolon. 

Finally, use Update List Item action in Nintex workflow to make update to SharePoint list.

Note: These are not the email ids.

4 replies

Badge +11

Hi,

can you show your workflow in details?
I am working on a workflow where I am trying to insert 2 users within one person field.

The users are pulled out via a query and saved into two individual single text format as variable.

For further explanation see my topic: https://community.nintex.com/thread/20451-how-to-update-a-grouppeople-field-with-multiple-user

Badge +3

Hi Bim 

Make sure your SP field is reset to allow multiple persons in the setting.

You have to concatenate user accounts to form a semicolon separated string.  

Then use update query action to set value against the field. 

Alternatively, you can use collection object to insert all user accounts into it. And then use join collection action to merge the accounts with semicolon delimiter. 

Please try this and let me know if you need more info. 

Badge +11

Hi

That is what I have done though but not working:

1) Person field is set to take multiple users

2) used 2 queries to pull out the Managers name

3) those details are stored in two sepeare text single line variable

4) used a Build String to put them two variables together {var1};v{var2} and saved to txt_Managers (text single line)

5) used Update Item to update the persons field with the txt_Managers

Go to my topic and see the steps I have taken.

Would be great if you can reply to my topic instead :)

Thanks

Badge +11

just for information.

My workflow has worked but because I was the same approver (1st approver and 2nd approver) that is why I thought the workflow is not working haha, although it has worked but same user's name is only shown once.