Can't find the form definition..

• 14 February 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

Hi

I have a strange problem. I have a list and when I click on an item or add a new one it opens up a customised Nintex form.

But, if I open list tools and click on the Nintex forms button it opens the default Nintex form template so I cannot edit the form design.

The small arrow on the Nintex forms button list 8 options (obviously different "flavours" of the form) but each of them only opens the template.

I have full permissions to the site.

Where can I get to these form definitions?

This is Nintex 2010

Thanks

Samo

8 replies

Badge +16

Does your list have multiple content types associated to it? Have a look in the list settings at the default content type and make sure that when you open nintex forms designer that you are doing so for this content type.

Badge +2

HI Cassy

Thanks for the reply. This list does have multiple content types.

But.. I went to the list's "List tools" ribbon and selected the default content type from the drop-down on the Nintex forms button and that still gave me the default forms template.

I then went into List settings, selected the default content type and on that screen's settings selected "Edit form with Nintex Forms" and once again I got the default template. the same happened with all the list's content types.

Interestingly, there's a content type named "Nintex Workflow Multi Outcome Task using Nintex Forms"

but when I select that content type and try the "Edit form with Nintex Forms" it tells me that in cannot use Nintex Forms for that content type.

Any other thoughts?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

That behaviour is pretty strange.

Would resetting the form in the form designer be an option? Does this cure anything? Or is the form too complex to edit?

Could it be that you have an additional form layout added which is not the default desktop layout?

198935_pastedImage_1.png

Kind regards,

Enrico

Badge +16

Is it any different if you go to the content type at site level rather than at list level?

Badge +2

Thanks once again for your answers.

It's not really feasible to rebuild the form, I've looked in every feasible form layout and none of them are the "correct" one.

I've also tried (every related) content type at both the site level and list level and have the same issue.

Badge +2

.... anyone got any other thoughts?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hey Sam,

I'd suggest you open a ticket at Nintex Support. They can have a look at it together with you and might have new ideas.

Sorry :/

Kind regards,

Enrico

Badge +2

OK, I'll close this and see how I get on with Nintex Support