Skip to main content

I have a table of Opportunities.  In Salesforce, I created a formula field that returns a link to the View All Notes & Attachments page.  In Salesforce this works fine, but when I add that field to my table in Skuid - I get an error page that says the site is down for maintenance and to try back again.  It’s been about 2 years.  How do I create a link to the View All Notes & Attachments page for the opportunity in a specific row directly from my table?  Help… me… please… €insert crying emoji here]  

Audrey,

Is the View All Notes & Attachments a standard Salesforce page or something that you set up yourself? Either way, can you check the url when you go to that page from Skuid, and compare it against the url generated when you go to that page from Salesforce? It’s possible that a part of the url is getting malformed or is different than you expect when you’re coming from Skuid since sometimes Skuid is in a different namespace. If the url for the View All Notes and Attachments page is predictable, you may be able to add a template field to your Skuid table and create a link to Notes and Attachments that way instead of using the Salesforce formula field, or add a row action to your table and use merge syntax (if needed) to go to that page. You can add the HTML a tag inside of a template field to redirect to anywhere you need to, and if you need to use more complex logic to determine the url for Notes and Attachments you can add a UI-only formula field onto your opportunities model, use that to construct your url, and then include that ui only field as a field, in a template, or even in a row action.

Thanks!
Amy