Skip to main content

I have one model called Innovators, with a field Email_Body__c - I would like to update this to a value from another model EventEmailTemplate, field: Body__c

What is the syntax to get this value when using the Update a field on row(s) action?

Hello Charni,

You can use an Update Row(s) action in an action sequence and select “Field from another model” as the field value source and then select the model and field you want to source the value from. I’ll attach a screenshot below. Please let me know if you need clarification.
4b6a7e3551a1bcc537095185efafed2cdbd87379.png

Thanks,
Clark

Hi Clark,

I can’t see that option ‘Field from another model’ - please see screenshot 

Thanks,

Charni

Charni, the options that Clark is describing are only available if you’ve got Skuid 12.0 or higher installed — if you have Skuid 11.x, you won’t be able to use this, but instead you can use the following merge syntax for the value: {{{$Model.EventEmailTemplate.data.0.Body__c}}}

Hi Zach,

Thank you - thought I was going mad. 

So now it updates to the value but this action is on ‘Return Objects’ from the Search Component - it doesn’t recognise which record was chosen or the button clicked from (hope this makes sense), at the moment it is always updating to the same value, I need it to update with the value of the record selected. I guess I need to do something else to achieve this?

Charni, in that case, I think you’d just do something like this: {{{Body__c}}}

Hi Zach,

Thank you for the suggestion, unfortunately it doesn’t work, nothing populates. Do you think I should use a new model to handle this? I could add the data to a new model, then update the other model with that…?

I have got around this using models, but now experiencing this issue: https://community.skuid.com/t/create-row-mass-action-does-not-use-selected-rows-as-context?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Bfilter_by%5D=all&topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Bpage%5D=1#reply_20279548