Skip to main content

We are migrating to Lightning and we have some Skuid pages that we formatted with CSS so we can create PDFs out of them. The record skuid page works fine, but when you click on the button action to “Redirect to URL” in a New Window just opens up the file in the current window. 

The URL that I’m using it this “/apex/skuid__ui?page=HISOAPrint&id={{Id}}”

Which I believe should work?

Any idea why it’s not working

Do you have “Open URL in” set to “Blank window”?

15c7b3a1834a069a89f3c28e410113401de5e0af.png

Yep. Does it matter that it’s just going to a Skuid page and not a VF page?

It looks like when it goes to the new URL it still has the old Skuid page open. I see 2 edit page widgets on the left and if I click on the wrong one it tries to edit the original Skuid page and not the Skuid page that I’m viewing. 

This is still a problem that I haven’t found a solution for and its causing some problems for our migration to Lightning. I have another page with 2 actions. first action redirects to blank window and the 2nd action goes goes to a different page in the same window. In Lightning, only the first action works, but it opens the URL in the same window when it should be opening in a new window. I’ve added allow exceptions to pop-up blocker and tried a few other things, but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas on how to get the “Redirect to URL to Blank Window” to work properly?

Sam, 2 questions:

(a) what Skuid version are you using? 
(b) To confirm, are you using the Skuid Page Lightning Component to include Skuid within Lightning? (as opposed to loading Skuid in a Visualforce Page within Lightning, which is not recommended)

I just did this the other day — adding a button to a Skuid Page in Lightning Experience that opens up a new tab that shows Skuid in Visualforce, to allow for a full-page Skuid experience — and it worked fine for me.

Hi Zach,

We used the Skuid Page Lightning Component instead of just using a VF Redirect and that fixed the problem.

Thank you!