Solved

How to publish a major version of a document with Nintex for Office 365

• 29 January 2015
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

I would like to publish a major version of a document via Nintex for Office 365 and therefore I use the following workflow:

function all.jpg

With this configuration:

function all.jpg

After running this workflow (the workflow is completed) are none of the documents in the library "Published as major version".

If I try to use a filter

check in items.jpg

the workflow will be suspended with the following error.

Untitled.jpg

Could anyone provide me an example how to publish certain documents via Nintex Workflow for Office 365.

icon

Best answer by ongd 29 January 2015, 16:56

View original

7 replies

Badge +6

Hi Jeroen,

Is the document you try to checkin already exists in the destination folder, or do you also want to Copy it first?

If so, You should use the Copy Document action first. Then Check in this document using the "itesm to check in" parameter!

Kind regards

Alex

Badge +1

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the quick response!

The document exists already in the destination folder, so it's not necessary to copy it first.

I know that the function exists, but i can't get the function working...

Kind regards,

Jeroen

Badge +6

Hi again,

I managed to reproduce your problem.
I reproduce it when I put the document Library URLNAME  (Shared%20Documents) instead of the Document Library NAME (Documents).
You have to put the NAME !

Hope it helps

Alex

Badge +3

Hi Jeroen Wetzels‌,

The "Office 365 check in items" will only perform the operation on items which are in "checked out" state.

Therefore if you wish to publish major version, it will ignore items which are already "checked in".

However, you can to make sure they're checked out before you could perform "check in" as major version. Otherwise the "All items checked in" output will return "false" because the matched items did not meet the condition (of being checked out) to perform check in.

You can add the "Office 365 check out items" action prior to this, with the similar filters. Sample screenshot design below which suggests to only check in if all matched items (according to your filter) are checked out.

Screen Shot 2015-01-29 at 11.50.40 PM.png

From your screenshot, it seems that you're trying to filter for items where the "Approval Status" is set as "Draft". Can you try setting both filters like the screenshot below?

Screen Shot 2015-01-29 at 11.52.25 PM.png

Badge +3

Hi Jurgen Potoms

The error seems like you've specified a GUID in the column filter.

The expected value should be the column name / column internal name

eg: "Title" or "Approval Status" or "ID"

Can you share with us a screenshot of your action configuration?

Badge +3

Hi Jurgen Potoms

The "Update the item when column" expects a column name.

Can you try it with this filter instead?

"Update the item when column": ID

"is equal to": {Current Item: ID}

ID equals current item ID.png

You could remove the first action used to set workflow variable "Get GUID" because that's not needed unless you're trying to perform the action on other items (not this workflow that you're running on).

Badge +3

Jurgen Potoms‌, Alternatively, you can also specify the filter as follows:

"Update the item when column": UniqueId

"is equal to": {Current Item: GUID}