Solved

Filter dropdown list based on items that have already been selected

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

I have two forms, Form A and Form B. Both have forms, and both must be completed. However, Form B has a column that looks up names from a column in Form A.

As each form only needs to be completed once for each user, I was wondering, is there any way to filter the lookup field in Form B to only show the names for people who have not already completed it?

icon

Best answer by kmcollins 25 May 2015, 07:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Katherine:

I should not allow filling the Form B if user has not completed Form A.

In that case I 'd create a Global Panel containing all controls/fields to be filled and show/enable that global panel based on the Form A Condition.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Fernando,

The tricky part is the form is not filled out by the user, it's completed by their manager, and they aren't completed at the same time. Nor can I guarantee that the same user will complete both forms. 

At the moment, the solution I have is working and will work for what we want. If I can filter the list of users. I think I've found a way around it - a bridge list that has all the users which have not completed the Form B, and utilising the workflow to add and remove users from the list. This will also help us workout who has not completed Form B once Form A has been lodged.

So, now I just need to figure out how to copy across from one list to another.

Thanks for your help though

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

So the bridge list didn't work the way I wanted, so I created a field in Form A called Form B Completed. This is defaulted to 'no', but is changed by Form B's workflow to 'yes' after Form B is submitted.

I pulled the user's names from Form A, filtering where 'Form Completed' = Yes.

I hope that made sense. It also provides more clarity when we want to see who has and who has not completed Form B after completing Form A.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Great!, please set it as answered