Skip to main content

Hi

I want to embellish my existing approval  workflow by adding a non-approval task in the Approved branch of the "Assign Task" Action. The example I have in mind, is once a managed has approved a request,  a new "Action this" task is generated.  Ideally this would display a check list of related sub tasks which will need to be completed before the overarching "Action this" task is flagged as complete.

I guess I could do with some advice as to which is the best approach - here are my initial thoughts:

• Configure a "Assign Task" with appropriate outcomes "Request Completed" or "Waiting for more info".
  • Create  a custom Task Outcome: Content Type ( happy to do this PowerShell).
  • Customise the Task form to included my check boxes.
  • Perhaps, add a New Item to a designated Task List . The Task List  I could included additional fields or better still created with  a new Content Type.

Be interested to hear the thoughts of the community.

Daniel

Hi

In the end I created an Item into a Tasks List within the Approve branch of an Assign Task.   Now this is far from perfect:

• I couldn't see a way of easily creating a link to the original request ( that triggered the workflow) . I tried copying the variable from Assign Task ( email) and just got the variable definition ...
  • Also, I want to monitor the progress of this new Task to check its progress;  again this isn't clear:  do I add yet another workflow on the task list or do I add a "Delay until Time" action in the current workflow which would suspend it until the delay ( The Due Date for the child task).

Hopefully folks more experienced with Nintex can advise here.

Daniel

I have the same question... doesn't seem to be a way to handle progress related task.  There is a uservoice for this, status under review -

https://nintex.uservoice.com/forums/218291-3-nintex-workflow-for-office-365/suggestions/6857449-workflow-tasks-add-the-ability-to-mark-a-percenta