Skip to main content

Hi there,

Does version 5.2 support a way to "approve content" in a secondary library? The "Approve Content By ID" smartobject method only takes an item ID, whereas other document methods such as "Check In", "Check Out", etc. take an item ID and a List ID.

In our site we have 10 libraries which all have the following settings:

- Require content approval: true

- Major & minor versioning: true

- Require check-out to edit: true

Our business scenario is that users should only be able to check in minor versions. We have a K2 approval workflow that should create our major versions.

Since we have 10 libraries, we are attempting to build one single workflow on a hidden master library (a superset of columns from all 10 libraries), and parameterize it, so that it can be called from any of the 10 secondary libraries.

The workflow is successfully able to check out, update, and check in the documents in those secondary libraries. However, with the "require content approval" switched on, we also need the K2 workflow to set the "content approval status" - also known as the moderation status. Without this, the workflow is unable to trigger a new major version.

I would appreciate any assistance on this. Or, is this something that is supported in a later version of K2? Thank you in advance.

Alex Ward

14903i9931AB3EB8E4EE5E.png
12982i26E828A830E17799.png

Hi alexward66,

Perhaps, you can enable K2 application on each Library and call the 'Approve Content By ID' method from each library. 

For example, you can enable K2 app on Library1, Library2, etc. In the workflow, you can add SmartObject steps to call each Library SmartObject's Approve Content By ID method.