Skip to main content

I started the update over an hour ago and it's still not done. 

Stalled or at least moving super slow in the Register Control section. 

Is this normal?

How long do I wait before I bail out? 

Hello  @Daugherty,

Normally, It only takes a few minutes for the update process to come to an end. 

I am suspecting there is something wrong in your machine, my suggestion would be that you restart the machine and start the process again from scratch. 

Here are couple of things to check before starting updating again: 

1)  The K2 installer blocks installations if your SQL Azure databases do not meet the minimum requirements. See the Compatibility and Support Matrix for the minimum supported version.

2) You can also check changes in the product and requirements in each prior release. Here are the links to the previous release notes,  K2 Five (5.0)K2 Five (5.1) and K2 Five (5.2) and KB002045. 

3) If you are upgrading from K2 Five (5.0, 5.1 or 5.2) and use the K2 for SharePoint app, do not run App Deployment, but only run the Registration Wizard after upgrading.

4)  Before upgrading to K2 Five (5.3) ensure all app items in the category All Items/Apps/K2/Framework/Core, including all child categories of the Core category, are checked in. Failure to do so will result in a failed upgrade.

For more information check out the K2 Five Release Notes :https://help.k2.com/kb002966

And : https://community.k2.com/t5/Community-News/K2-Five-5-3-is-now-available/m-p/110266

Should you find the above information useful kindly mark as "Accepted Solution and/or Kudo", as this will assist other community members looking for related information.

Regards,
Beswick

[K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member]

Hi Daugherty,

As per BesM upgrade would only take about a few min. to finish.  I will put a link below related to performance Consideration on K2 platform. Hope this helps.

https://help.k2.com/kb001856

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Best Regards,

Kate

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Thanks Beswick,

Since I'm only moving from 5.2 to 5.3 the first two points were easy.

Point 3. I never had a chance to chose App Deploy or Wizard because it failed to install.

Point 4. This could have been my oops. I rebooted and thought: "as long as nobody is developing in Staging" we should be fine. 

Next question: When I re-run the installation it allows me 

Configure

Modify

Remove

Update

Does remove take me back to 5.2 or take me back to NOTHING? 

TjD

Good day Daugherty

I can confirm that the Remove option in the setup manager will remove K2 along with all k2 instances. This option should only be used to un_install K2 completely. I would also like to mention that if the installation was unsuccessful then your environment should still be on k2 5.2. This can be verified in the Programs and Features pane on your Pc. To view your version see the steps in the spoiler.

1. Click on the windows start button.
2. Type in "Programs and Features" can hit enter.
3. Locate the K2 Programs and see the Version code in brackets.
For various versions ofk2 the code in brackets should look like this:
K2 5.2 - K2(5.0003...).
K2 5.3 - K2(5.0004...).

I hope this helps. If you find this information useful with regards to your question on the Remove function feel free to Kudo this reply. Thank you.

Best regards

Jacques.

Morning  @Daugherty,

The remove option is used to remove whatever K2 component is on your server. I just proved it practically and below are the results:

1) Had K2 5.2. installed

2) Upgraded to K2 5.3 

3) re-run K2 setup manager and chose "remove" option 

4) After clicking Next the question "Do you want to remove all k2 components?" appears and I selected "yes" for the process to continue. And "Next" again on Additional Actions. Then "finish"

5) Now here is the outcome after the remove option

No K2 anymore

Should you find the above information useful kindly mark as "Accepted Solution and/or Kudo", as this will assist other community members looking for related information.

Regards,
BesM

[K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member]

A couple points of clarificationupdates. 

The 2nd K2 5.3 installer does NOT fix the SQl alias issue for all users.

The installer "failed" but Programs and Features shows that I'm on 5.3 not 5.2. (see below) 

I did start a support ticket with K2 on this issue.

Our TEST environment (dev) updated with no issues Staging and PRD both failed. 

We had waited for the seconnd K2 5.3 installer because we followed best practice and had SQL alias enabled in Staging and PRD. However, we have now removed SQL ailias in Staging and successfully installed 5.3.

We have also removed all ailiases from both PRD boxes but it continues to fail to update correctly. 

I have another support call scheduled for later today.

This is our PRD server and 5.3