Skip to main content

[SmartForms] How to use a drop-down control in an table

• 19 June 2017
  • 3 replies

I have a multi-column table and one of the columns  is a drop-down. I want to display a question below the table only if all the rows in the table have the same value in the drop-down.

Ex. if there are 5 rows in the table, all 5 rows must have the value 'DELETE' in the drop-down.

It is easy enough to count how many rows are in the table, but how do I count how many rows have 'DELETE' in the drop-down?

3 replies

Badge +8

GJR,

I am not 100% that I understand but I will try to answer your question as best as I can. I am assuming the colum that is a dropdown is multiple dropdown controls. If this is the case you can create a advanced rule.

Advanced rule

If Display 1 is equal to DELETE

and Display 2 is equal to DELETE

and Display 3 is equal to DELETE

and Display 4 is equal to DELETE

and Display 5 is equal to DELETE

"Show" (hidden)Question.

I hope this answers your question. If I am misunderstanding the question please let me know and I will answer it as best I can.

Thanks,

Bryan Peters

Badge +1

Thanks Bryan.

My issue is this - the number of rows in the table can be 1 - 100, it is not defined. The column is a mutliple dropdown and I am looking for a particular value.

I want to compare the total number of rows in the table  against the number of rows which have DELETE in the dropdown . If they are equal show the hidden question.    

I set up an expression for the total number of rows : List Count (MAILER_NUM Data Label)

Can I set up a similiar expression for a List Count of rows with DELETE?

Hi GJR,

maybe you could add an invisible row with it's own expression and the expression sets the field to 1 if the row has "delete" in the drop down and to 0 if it does not.

Then you can make a sum of this new row and if it's equal to the numbers of all rows that means every row has delete in it. So you show the label.