Skip to main content
Solved

Picker control to populate a list view

Is it possible to use a picker control to transfer data to a list view?

The user can select a single product from the picker list and I want the multiple item details relating to that product to populate in to the list. 

Thanks.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

The view's Data Source must point to the details you want to see in the list view. 

Add a rule, When the (your picker control) control is changed

In the actions of that rule, do a transfer data which puts the key value of the picker into a parameter.

Add a rule When (yourParameter) parameter is changed

In the actions execute the list method of the view and use the parameter to select the correct results.

Badge +5

Thanks that has worked, is there any way to add extra colums to the list so I can use drop downs, text fields etc to gather more info?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Give me a bit more detail. Are the details about the product, which show up in the list, rows of things like orders for the product, or details about the product. If they're details is the information in columns or rows?

What are you wanting to display? Is it in rows or columns and how do you plan to link additional boxes to that information?

Badge +5

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for your quick reply. An example is a product 'HM999', when this is entered in to the picker, the details about this product are displayed in the list in rows:

Code          Description                       Unit

------------------------------------------------------------------

PX001        Carton                                405x275

PX002        Shipper                              395x130

PC003        Capsules                            100mg

What I need now is to add additional columns to the list so the user can input further details:

Code         Description                        Unit                  Assessment Result        Printed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PX001       Carton                                405x275           Dropdown List              Dropdown List

Pass/Fail                        Yes/No

I hope this explains better.

Thanks.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

That is straight forward. You make the list view editable. When you do there are a set of controls that appear at the bottom of the list. Each one matches a column of the list. Change the controls you need to a dropdown or picker, make sure you load them at init, handle saving the record and you're good to go.

If you're not sure K2 SmartStarters have a very nice way of doing the inline grid editing, including validation. There's one about IT HelpDesk or something. It's a little bit to setup but other methods can't handle validation well. I'll be doing all my inline grid editing this way now.