Skip to main content

Hello K2 Guru,

I'm currently using K2 Five Smart Form.

I have 1 form that has a date field which require user to fill-in as mandatory field.
Is there any ways I can remove away the mandatory option and set it to optional instead, so that user can submit thru without any input in the date field. Tried search for this option but not able to find this setting.

Thanxs!

Hi  @makh;

Not sure if you'have used expressions/advance rule for manditory validations but in this case your solution should be as easy as disconnecting your field from expressions in this way,your date field would only be connected with smo_>database.

Could you please attach a screenshot of your mandatory rules/expressions?

This is the link how rules used in smartform, and could also assist in applying reverse rules(http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2smartforms/userguide/1.0.4/webframe.html#SF_-_Rule_Designer_-_Rules_Wizard.html)

Regards;

Widson.

Hi Makh,

Double check on yor smartobject and ensure that  the "date" column is not set to "Required". This is the only thing that could possibly prevent you from sumbitting if you did not input anything for date. Otherwise, you should check your rules.

See image below:

Please provide me with feedback about the smartobject 

Good day Makh,

If you would like to disable the mandatory option for your date data-field you should navigate through to your form's rules in designer and look for the rule that says  Validate Data which ensures that required/mandatory fields have been completed and that values provided to controls comply with the defined standard/formatting for the controls. Validation should prevent the user from submitting the form until all validation rules have passed successfully. 

Please kindly follow this link on how to disable validation on forms and controls:

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.1/default.htm#How-Tos/HiddenDisabledReadOnly/HowToDisableValidation.htm?Highlight=validation

Kind regards

Dumisani

@Widson wrote:

Hi  @makh;

Not sure if you'have used expressions/advance rule for manditory validations but in this case your solution should be as easy as disconnecting your field from expressions in this way,your date field would only be connected with smo_>database.

Could you please attach a screenshot of your mandatory rules/expressions?

This is the link how rules used in smartform, and could also assist in applying reverse rules(http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2smartforms/userguide/1.0.4/webframe.html#SF_-_Rule_Designer_-_Rules_Wizard.html)

Regards;

Widson.

Hi Widson,

Pls see the screenshot. I've tried to remove the date field but it prompt for "value is required" when submit button is clicked.

@katlehon wrote:

Hi Makh,

Double check on yor smartobject and ensure that  the "date" column is not set to "Required". This is the only thing that could possibly prevent you from sumbitting if you did not input anything for date. Otherwise, you should check your rules.

See image below:

Please provide me with feedback about the smartobject 

I'm not able to find the date field in smart object. Likely this is not a smart object field.