Skip to main content

I am after a workflow or any kind of task allocation once the user has submitted a form with different tasks to multiple users. Please see the following.  

Please note this will be an editable list view in K2 form. So the user will be able to add multiple approvers (no of approvers depend on the amount of tasks) for each task. Each task will initially be different and will be allocate to one person.

Approver name

Task List

Approver A

Task A

Approver B

Task B

Approver C

Task C

Approver D

Task D

Each task will be separate to one another and will be performed separately. Is there any way to assign the tasks to users in an editable list view via a workflow any other rules from smart forms design?

Please advice

Thank You.

Hi Batesy,

From my unerstanding seems like you are looking for the split step to use into your wokflow.

The split step can branch out your workflow into different parallel paths.

You can check out the link below for further information:

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2Five/UserGuide/5.3/default.htm#K2-Workflow-Designer/Use/Toolbox/Logic/Split/Split.htm

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Best Regards,

Kate

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Hi

Thank You for your reply KateV. Much appreciated. I am using K2 blackpearl and not seeing any split option in K2 studio. I am thinking the end step will be like this. But my question is, the tasks that the users allocate is not static. i.e. if there are 4 tasks there will be 4 users allocated to those 4 tasks one user per each and the workflow should be spilt in to 4. But if there are 5 tasks there will be 5 users to allocate and the workflow will be spilt in to 5. So the tasks can be vary depend on the information the submitter added to task list editable list on the form I am creating. So it’s harder for me to create a workflow and split it in to different paths without knowing how many paths I need to split. I am after something like for loop rule, as when a submitter submits the form the workflow automatically gets how many tasks are in there and create or assign them to users automatically. I know I can assign one task for multiple users from destination rules. But how to assign multiple tasks to multiple users (one person per task) is currently what I am looking for. Please advice.

Thank You

Good day Batesy.

You can always make use of the workflow variable system. For your example let me walk you through the steps below located in the spoiler.

1. Create variables in your workflow:

This will allow you to choose the recipient from the dropdown box before starting the workflow. If you want to type the email, It will work on the same principle.

I hope this works for you. If you find this reply helpful please make sure to mark it as a Solution or Kudo. This will show other users with similar problems that the information provided is useful. Thank you.

Kind Regards

Jacques.