Skip to main content

Hi everyone, please advice how I can create Form with "Wizard UI With Step" like the below image 

25986iEA71B5F66E948F40.png

I know K2 demonstrated something like that but I'm not sure if it's in the wild. We have a form with "wizard tabs" (not a "line with dots"). The tabs are just buttons with a bit of CSS, so you could also make some kind of line with dots.

It has next and prev buttons for each step, or you can click on the "tabs". Nothing automagic to set it up. We have a rule that we run each time a next/prev button is clicked or a tab button is clicked.

The content of each "tab" are views that are hidden until the relevant section is clicked and the respective views are shown or hidden.

Hi there,

There is the following custom control that you can look to use - https://community.nintex.com/t5/K2-Five-blackpearl/Form-Progress-Steps-V1/ta-p/176260 

Cheers

Hi Scout,

thank you can you please help me how I can deploy this folder my version 5.5 .

can using packaging and deployment tools.

Hi,

You can't use the standard P&D for deploying custom controls to a K2 environment, it needs to be done by an administrator of the K2 server(s).

You can look here for guidance on how to achieve that:   https://help.nintex.com/en-us/k2five/devref/current/default.htm#Controls/Use-ctrlutil.exe.html?TocPath=Extending%2520the%2520K2%2520Platform%257CSmartForms%257CCustom%2520Controls%257CGetting%2520started%2520with%2520Custom%2520Controls%257C_____3

There is also in the bin/release folder of the zip file I linked to a .bat file called RegisterCustomControl.bat - this should register it if you run it from your K2 server (and the K2 software is installed on the C: Drive in the standard place)

Cheers

You can create that with SmartForm rules by showing and hiding views at the appropriate time.  Make each page of your wizard a view.  When it first opens all of the views except the first one are set to not visible.  On your next and back buttons on the form, keep track of which view is the current one.  When they click next, hide that view and make the next view visible.  You could also do this using tab controls and a similar technique.

You could even use the multiple forms for the wizard, just navigate to the next and previous form in the wizard.

The wizard navigation graphic can be just that, an image.  Each step of the wizard would show an image of the progress bar for that step.