Skip to main content

How can you filter a listview where you want to get all records that satisfy all values in another dropdown ?

I have a dynamic dropdow whos values changes based on data in a database. (Say I have HeaderIDs in a dropdown ) . I want to filter a listview that shows all those records where HeaderID is all values from dropdow.

Listview is attached to the tabel in SQL. Lets call it TableXYZ.  I cannot see naything in advanced filter condition where I can specify all values from a dropdown. 

I want to do something like Select * from TableXYZ where HeaderID in ( all values from dropdown ) . 

I have tried creating a stored proc and created a smart object to get values and do the join in database but because listview is attached to a table it doesn't filter even after executing a stored proc smart object and trying to return same values as existing table from a stroed proc. 

Any suggestion ? 

Good Morning Virang,

For anything related to list views including configurations, please see the following document (http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.3/default.htm#Create/Views/ListViewSettings.htm). Navigate to the "Filter" heading.

This should help you.If you need clarity on anything else regarding the configuration of a list view in this document, shoot.

Should you find this document helpful in resolving your issue, please mark it as such by "Accept As Solution" or "Kudo" as it will be of help to other members of the community who encounter similar issues.

Thanks,

Katleho

Hi Virang,

If I understand correctly your HeaderID information can be found in TableXYZ. In ths case you may want to check out the information regarding Tree Control, You can use this in your View/Form. Tree control Helps to  display heirarchical values which can have sub nodes. Te detailed information on the configuration can be found in the below link.

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2Five/UserGuide/5.3/default.htm#Create/K2Designer/Controls/Tree/TreeControl.htm%3FTocPath%3DCreate%7CSmartForms%7CForms%7CControls%7CInput%2520Controls%7C_____25

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Cheers,

Kate

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

If the Drop Down list is a new control that is displayed on that List View -  Create a rule for 'When Drop Down is Changed' and then pass that ID into a new List View Method.

I'd added Drop Down Controls on the top of a list view -  setup the SMO DataSource accordingly.  Then setup the rule on the Change - when changed transfer the ID from the SMO to the List View Method as the Input / Filter option.